At William Torbitt Primary School we aim to achieve a yearly attendance target of 96%.
Achievement in school is affected by the level of attendance. At William Torbitt we have high expectations of work, behaviour and attendance and appreciate the cooperation of parents in achieving these standards.
Unfortunately we cannot agree to any term time holidays. If you would like a copy of the full Attendance Policy, please come to the school office or download it below.
- Please call the school before 9am on each day of absence.
- Make medical appointments out of school hours where possible.
- If appointments must take place during school time please notify the class teacher in the morning so that the child can be sent to the school office at the correct time. Also notify the school office providing evidence of the appointment.
- If they are due to arrive during lunch time please give them lunch before they return.
- Any child arriving late to school must sign in at the office on the computer.
- Persistent lateness will be monitored closely and will be referred to the Redbridge Educational Welfare Officer.
With the help of the EWASS (Education Welfare Advisory & Support Service), we have devised a table showing the impact of non-attendance and lateness to a child’s learning.