Travel to School
A school travel plan is a scheme that aims to reduce car use on journeys to and from school and improve safety on journeys.
This is achieved through the following initiatives:
* Surveys from children and staff on how they currently travel to school and how they would like to.
* Road Safety Campaigners who help develop the travel plan through promotion to the local community and the school, ideas of initiatives that can develop walking, cycling to school and promotion of road safety.
* Surveys available for parents to complete on their journeys to school and their opinions
* Action plan designed identifying the issues that decrease sustainable transport use
* Walking initiatives
* Cycling and Scooter initiatives- Bikeability and get riding scheme, cycling lessons in PE and cycling and scooting extra-curricular clubs etc
* Road safety productions from theatre companies
*Visits from For2Feet to teach children how to safely cross the road.